Friday, February 11, 2011

Baby Changing Pad

I just had to share this project!!! Since I haven't been able to do much for a while, but the very least I can do is sew, right? For this Baby Changing Pad I used Jill's (from Home Made By Jill) tutorial found here HERE, I used a great froggie print and lime green flannel (my sister Farrah's favorite colour), Iron-On Laminate (I bought mine is a role at Marshalls), 2 layers fusible fleece, some black binding and belting and here is what I ended up with:
 This really is a great project for just about anyone to try, don't be scared! Makes a great shower gift, and would be fun to personalize, this one is exactly my sisters style.
 The Iron-On Laminate allowed me to take the perfect print and make it durable and wipe-able, perfect for this application.
 I love how this turned out, and it was SO easy to make too.
 I was going to leave the outside plain green, but decided this would be much more adorable, and it is for my amazing sister after all.
I happened to have some belting, I tend to save little pieces of stuff like that to re use, this came off a backpack that eventually got tossed.

Happy Sewing!
-Courtney Soleil

No comments:

Post a Comment