Sunday, January 9, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

I found a post at I Still Love You for these delicious looking cupcakes and thought I should share it here. I will for sure give these yummies a whirl and let you know how it went! (pictures will be provided of course!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strawberry Lemon Icing
from the kitchen of Melissa Esplin
makes enough to frost about 1 1/2 dozen cupcakes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4-6 fresh strawberries
1 cube or 1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
Puree strawberries & lemon juice in a blender. Allow strawberries to macerate for about 10 minutes; it helps with the flavor. With a hand mixer beat strawberry mixture, butter and sugar until consistency is smooth. You may want to add more sugar or more lemon juice to get your preferred consistency. Frosting is perfect for sugar cookies, cupcakes, cakes, etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems to me I have seen other fellow bloggers attempt this recipe also, I have read nothing but stellar reviews - let's see if we can win Kevin over - he likes his baked goods, but not too far to the sweet side.

Happy Baking!
-Courtney Soleil

No comments:

Post a Comment