Monday, March 28, 2011

Project Organization, Kitchen Pantry

I have had so much on the go lately (as usual), sometimes I feel like I work-eat-sleep, so little time for creativity - and with "Project Organization" on the go in my house, it's a little difficult to get everything done that I want to do... included in those things is sewing and posting projects more regularily.

Today since I have been cleaning instead of crafting, I wanted to share my first organizational hurdle with you, the kitchen pantry:


Sorry, I didn't get a "before" picture - by the time I decided I would post about it was when I was done. It turned out so much better than I expected - but just so you know it used to look sorta like this:


Ok, maybe not EXACTLY like that, but when I opened the pantry something always seemed to fall out. Basically the OLD pantry set up had only shelves and they were spaced wayyyyy too far apart.
It's no magazine piece, and I did it very inexpensively, but I am happy with it.

Kevin was great, he moved all the shelves up for me and changed the spacing so it would be more functional.

I bought this wire drawer caddy from Ikea (they had the same one at JYSK also) for around 30$, and for me that is kinda expensive (well, I can afford it, but I don't like to spend more than I need to). The caddy was pricey, but It just was the best choice for the application, and believe me I looked and LOOKED!

I just love to be able to see everything through the wire drawers from the front and be able to pull them open for quick access to all the goodies! I store potatoes in the bottom, then next up misc mixes, soups, bread crumbs etc, then baking supplies and finally on top ziploc bags, plastic wrap, parchment paper etc.

I am a firm believer that buying something for slightly less cost that doesn't work half as well is a waste, I would rather spend a little extra to have something that works perfectly for me (within reason of course, I am a frugal girl after all!), and this works perfect. 

Just as a Bonus, here is a peek at my beautiful kitchen window ledge:

Kevin put new windows and doors in our house last winter (he is SO AMAZING!) and I had always wanted a boxed out kitchen window - when I came home one night he had built it for me! I am so thrilled with it, every time I'm at my sink I am reminded how lucky I am.
My mum gave me these beautiful canisters, I love blue and yellow plus they match my kitchen.

Love it!!

Happy Organizing!
-Courtney Soleil




No comments:

Post a Comment